Monday, September 13, 2010

Bang Bang Shrimp


One of my favorite dishes at The Bonefish Grill is this appetizer so I was so excited to come across this copy cat recipe last year. I've made it for many get-togethers and each time, I am asked for the recipe. I thought I had posted it on here already but haven't. So here you go, a new recipe for the game tonight. Serve without sauce for the kiddos.



1 box frozen pop-corn shrimp (big box)
1/2 cup mayo
1/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce (sold in Asian section)
5-10 drops of hot chili sauce (also called Sriracha sauce, sold in Asian section)
1-2 scallions, chopped

Bake shrimp as directed or until they are crispy. Combine sauce ingredients and drizzle over the hot shrimp. Top with scallions.

For those who of you who have the time or the energy, you can coat fresh shrimp with cornstarch and deep fat fry until lightly brown, then coat with sauce. I personally have never had that much time or energy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment