Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sloppy Joes



Everybody had enough Turkey yet? Well, I don't have a turkey recipe, but I do have a kid favorite. This is my family's favorite recipe for Sloppy Joes. It's a little different, a little tangy and not real saucy. Adjust the seasonings or ketchup to your liking. I like this recipe because I have all these things in my pantry, besides the green pepper (it tastes good even w/o it), so I can whip these up whenever I feel like it. And if you are still in the turkey mood, use ground turkey instead of beef.




1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 tsp to 1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp mustard
1 cup ketchup
3 tsp brown sugar
salt and pepper to taste

In a skillet, ground hamburger, green pepper and onion. Drain off any liquids. Add rest of ingredients and let simmer for 15-20 minutes. Serve on buns.

No comments:

Post a Comment