Thursday, May 21, 2009

Balsamic Carrots






These carrots are great even without the balsamic vinegar added. My kids tend to eat them better without the vinegar because they think they are burnt once you pour the black vinegar on them. My husband and I love them either way. They go great with the pork chops and I think fresh peeled and cut carrots taste so much better than the baby carrots, but do what works best for you. Enjoy!




3 cups baby carrots
1 TBS olive oil
1 1/2 TBS balsamic vinegar
1 TBS brown sugar


Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Saute carrots in oil for about 10 minutes or until tender. Stir in balsamic vinegar and brown sugar, mix to coat and serve.

(I have found that steaming the carrots for a couple minutes in the microwave to start the cooking process really helps them soften faster in the skillet)




Recipe found at allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment