Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Tater Tot Casserole




We haven't had this casserole in so long. I'm not sure if my kids have even had it before? I somewhat made it like my favorite breakfast casserole and it turned out scrumptious. The kids devoured it! I wish it were a little healthier but they at least had good protein that night!


1.5 lbs. hamburger
1/2 onion, chopped
garlic powder, salt and pepper
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can milk
8 oz. light sour cream
2 TBS softened butter
2 cups shredded cheese (I used the mexican blend b/c it's what I had)
sprinkle each of cayenne pepper and seasoning salt
1 bag frozen mini tater tots

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Brown hamburger with onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine soup, milk, sour cream, butter, cheese, cayenne pepper and seasoning salt.

Grease 9x13 baking dish. Spread hamburger over bottom of dish. Coat with soup mixture. Top with tater tots.

Bake for 45-60 minutes, broiling at the end for crispier tots. Let cool at least 10 minutes, it holds in a lot of heat and be careful serving to children because of temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment