Sunday, July 11, 2010

BBQ Chicken Quesadilla



I ran across this recipe on another food blog and thought it would be great for our family. And oh my gosh, we LOVED it! I love the BBQ Chicken pizza from Papa John's and this tasted just like it. It's quick and easy, especially if you have left over chicken. I used fresh pineapple but I don't think canned pineapple or frozen, pre-cooked chicken would compromise the flavor at all. Quick, easy and scrumptious, yum!






4-6 tortillas
1-2 grilled chicken breasts
grilled pineapple rings
Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
BBQ sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray's and it's perfect for this dish)
scallions

I made two quesadilla's with 1 chicken breast and fed 3 people so judge accordingly. I grilled the chicken and the pineapple on my indoor grill after I seasoned the chicken with a BBQ rub. Grill pineapple then chop into tidbits and slice chicken breast. Heat griddle or skillet. Place tortilla on griddle, top with sauce, cheese, chicken, pineapple, scallions and a little more cheese and sauce. Grill for a couple minutes on each side until cheese melts. Cut intowedges and serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment